- Do you find that teams or departments in your co-op seem to be pulling in a different direction?
- Are you concerned that your policies are in a mess?
- When did you last look at your policies?
- Do they fit with Co-operative Values & Principles, your Rules/Articles/Constitution?
- Do they reflect day to day practice?
- Do any of your policies or processes contradict each other?
Maybe you need to review your policies and procedures! We can provide a review of your co-operative’s policies and procedures, or secondary rules, and recommend improvements based upon:
- Application of the Co-operative Principles
- An understanding of your approach to governance – from flat structured consensus based collectives to elected committees and representative structures
- Practices that encourage individual participation
- Aiming to improve effectiveness
- Building in feedback so the co-operative knows how well it is performing
It’s up to you the level of support you buy:
One policy – We can review one specific policy
Whole suite – We will take a look at all your policies to check that you don’t accidentally have different parts of the co-operative pulling in opposite directions.
Our recommendations will often include observations about your co-operative’s governance and suggestions for how it may be improved. If you require us to write policies for you, this a service we can also provide.
Contact us to discuss your needs and obtain a quote.